MrMoonPie
   
Open links in
new window
Wednesday, May 14, 2008
The latest hobby at Chez MoonPie is welding. I bought a small arc welder, and spent the weekend sticking pieces of rebar together. I'm working towards a grape arbor for the front yard--Iplanted muscadines in the fall, and they need something to grow on. I think it'll be quite lovely, and it certainly fits with my Capitol Hillbillies aesthetic; my backyard deck is made of old shipping pallets, and I constructed a trellis out of a piece of rusted iron fencing.
 

3 Comments:

noice!

By Blogger Royski, at 11:44 PM  

Saw this rebar bending tool and thought of you:
http://toolmonger.com/2008/06/04/bend-rebar-with-a-hickey/

By Blogger Royski, at 9:48 PM  

Bah! Real men use their bare hands. Or teeth! Or, um, they can just stare at the rebar, and it bends. BENDS IN SHAME!

By Blogger mrmoonpie, at 9:39 AM  

Post a Comment

 

contact     Powered by Blogger        edit